Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tiny bags full of tiny things.

We are at the gate. 
We are waiting to board the plane. 
As of right now it's me, DK, Megan, Toby and Steve.

I am a little more comfortable now. The idea of traveling with these people is actually more reassuring than I could have hoped for. People are on their cell phones, waking up loved ones and saying good bye.

I left my phone at home. But I inadvertently brought my KEYS. Oops. They will do me a ton of good in Mexico.

Since I have time I wanted to talk about why I choose to do this. Partly, because I think it's important and partly because I need to remind myself. Around 2 this morning all I wanted to do was stay in bed, pet my cats and sleep a few more hours. I wanted to have my weekend. 

But I chose to volunteer for this because I am so comfortable just living my life the way I live it. I am not a bad person. I am just more likely to do things that are familiar. I have never been outside the country. I have thought about what it would be like, but I have never put forth the effort to wonder boundlessly.

NICOLE is here! Chris, Sisco, Chan. Still no Walter and no Lisa. But there IS a camcorder! w00t!

Where was I? 

I want to help people. I think we all do. People kept telling me "You'll come back and you will be different" I don't know what that means but it scares me a little and it's also kind of exciting. 

Lisa and Walter are here. Something about chugging gatoraide?

Toby has an XO laptop, check it out when you get a chance.

I am going to go socialize. Talk to you from Atlanta.

No comments: